***The current exam uses Windows 7 and Office 2013, but it will be switching over to Windows 10 and Office 2016 in the beginning of the fall. Make sure you try to test out before the end of the summer!***
ITE 115, or Introduction to Computer Applications and Concepts, is a required one semester course to be taken by ACA students in their senior year. However, there is an option to test out of it…
Students interested in testing out should do the following:
- Prepare for the exam: Review this ITE Prep Presentation to find out what you will be tested on. Make sure that you are familiar with the different functions listed on the last four pages for Word Processing, Spreadsheets, Database Management, and Presentation Graphics.
- Go to one of the Reynolds bookstores at Parham Road or the Downtown Campus to purchase a test disc or jump drive ($26).
- When you are ready to take the test, take your disc or jump drive to one of the Reynolds testing centers – you will need to bring a photo ID and your Reynolds student ID number (I have this, if you don’t).
- YOU MUST PRINT YOUR RESULTS AND BRING THEM TO ME. That will be the only proof that I have of whether or not you tested out. Without your scores, I cannot get you out of the class.
- If you don’t test out, you will have one more chance to do so.
- ACA juniors – if you are interested in testing out of ITE 115, you must do so by the end of the summer in order to finalize schedules for next year, but the sooner you get it done, the better 😉
Questions or concerns? Come see me!